Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 18

I was sick today, and it was so hard - I missed my mom so much, especially in the doctor's office, seeing little kids curled up to their parents chests, miserable but knowing they were safe there. I spent the day at home, watched movies (HP and Serenity) in and out of sleep and dizzyness. I checked my email several times and finally got an email from C when I just checked. I read a lot of the Golden Compass. And I finally remembered to put it down that I feel like I'm just in a new part of the US, not a new country. God, I wish I could feel like this is real.

It just happened so fast - like I said I was going to go, and then all of a sudden, I actually had to leave. It was too fast.

I didn't think it would really happen.

In the email that I got from C, she said she had told a friend of hers...about 'us'. That's the word she used. 'us'. I froze as I read that. Since I sent my letter, I was so sure I had misread her words and interpreted them too deeply, but then - 'us'. If she does want to be...together (and I can't believe I'm saying all this in earnest, but it makes me so happy) I will tell her how much that little word means to me -- I hope my letter gets there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment