Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 4

We arrived in Bangkok, and each of us got a lei of these real purple and white flowers. We drove to our hotel, through the city, and then came to the Rama Gardens. In the airport, I had the coolest experience - we were walking next to a moving walkway and on the walkway there was a group of people. They had light yellow tags on their luggage, like our AFS tags, and eventually, someone made eye contact and the idea 'AFS' got across, and then everyone was smiling and laughing - they were the AFSers from Italy to Thailand! Then later, at a meeting in the hotel, I sat next to two Hungarian students, and I had just a wave of passion for languages as I listened to them speak and wanted so much to understand.

In the hotel, Julia and I are roommates. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy.

She met a girl that she hosted last year - she was so happy to see her -- I tried not to be jealous, and it was really hard. She must be straight. I thought not, but I think I was wrong. Amazing, yes, but straight which sets up a boundary. I'm saying this wrong, though. Straight isn't bad. I just hoped otherwise. Hmm...I think I'll go to sleep -- in Bangkok. Wow.

I still don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment