Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 5

We visited the Grand Palace today in Bangkok, and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. I was in absolute awe in the temple - I felt such energy there, reverence. It was just beautiful. I can't describe it.

I know I want to study languages now. AFSers are arriving from everywhere - Iceland, Denmark, France, Hungary, Switzerland, Norway, and at dinner tonight, I spent the whole time with the girl from Switzerland, and it was amazing! Then, as we were leaving the palace, I was trying to talk with one of the two girls from Hungary. She was very nice, and I had told her that I speak German, and she said that she spoke German much better than English. Then, there was something that she was trying to tell me and she couldn't in English, so I suggested German. She said it in German, and I understood! It was so amazing. It felt wonderful to understand.

Heehee...Julia is singing in the shower. I have mixed feelings about her today. She said something was "gay" meaning stupid, which I haven't heard her do before, and I was disappointed. But she's still so amazing -- we'll have to see. I think she was flirting with the guy from Denmark (Biano), and it was hard for me. But this isn't a blushing crush. I've only ever had one of those...Amber Benson. Keith didn't even compare.

Things are complicated. I'll just keep going, I guess. Life. I plan to live.

2 comments:

  1. I just realized that I never commented on these three posts, so I will do so now. I am still intrigued by this journal! It is completely like reading someone's memoirs (which I suppose it sort of is), and I am in luck because non-fiction books about people's lives are the kinds of books that I love the most. Your crush on Julia is killing me-- it's so pure and hopeful and real, and it's bringing up memories for me that I think are good to think about, in a way, but are difficult to acknowledge. Again, thank you for sharing this with me, and I can't wait to read more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting! I was actually worried because you hadn't commented, and I thought maybe you suddenly found it all boring-- but no! : )

    I'll put more up soon.

    ReplyDelete